Saturday, December 4, 2010

Superfly Shutterfly

My relationship with Shutterfly began back in 2002 when M and I used them to print our engagement photo for inclusion in our wedding announcements.  Our photographer recommended them, so we went with it and all 400 some-odd prints looked beautiful.

Fast forward a few years to when we actually entered the digital age and got our first digital camera for Christmas of 2003.  Just in the nick of time before Claire, the first grandchild on both sides, was born.  We used Shutterfly share sites to show pictures of little Claire to family who lived far away.

I've made baby books for both Claire and Scott using Shutterfly photo books.  I used the pictures from their first year to put together a book, and I love how they turned out.  And that reminds me... I guess it's time to get cracking on one for Kate!!!

These photo notepads and these photo calendars (customized with our own dates) made great Christmas gifts for the proud grandparents who "have everything."

So for all the things I've ordered and loved from Shutterfly, one thing I've never tried is their cards.  So imagine my delight when I read on someone else's blog about Shutterfly's promotion to give 50 free Christmas cards in exchange for blogging about their holiday card collection.  Yes, please!  They aren't the cheapest option, but based on the print quality I've seen for everything else I've ordered, I bet it's for a reason.

I have a great photo of our family from a wedding in October, so all I need to do is find the right design.  But look at all these options!!! I was impressed with their selection of religious Christmas cards.  Mad props for making some stuff that is religious without being too cheesy and grandma-ish.  And story cards!  Genius!  No barely legible low-print-quality letter needed for you to brag about your kids!  How will I ever choose???  And how cute would it be to have matching address labels?

The kids will just have to scavenge for food themselves for awhile because I'll be sucked into picking Christmas cards!!!

No comments: