Tuesday, April 8, 2008

What Day is it Anyway?

Check out that time stamp. That's right, 4:29AM.
No, I didn't alter it. And no, I didn't wake up really early.
Jet. Lag. SUCKS.

So yes, I'm back in the good ol' US of A. I got back Saturday afternoon but the jet lag has hit me tonight the worst I've ever had it. I suppose tonight was the first night I wasn't so delusionally exhausted I could have slept no matter what time of day my body thought it was. M gets insomnia all the time and I've never had it before. Looking on the bright side, I have so much more empathy for him now. And I finished my book. So yah, sleep is overrated, right?

Can someone please tell me why, WHY, I have four extra four year olds above and beyond my own little handful coming over to my house at 9am tomorrow this morning?!?!? I hope I don't actually fall asleep while teaching Claire's preschool.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Best think I have used is Melatonin. You can't take it for more than a few days, but when you need it, it's great. And cheap and at any grocery store. That or benedryl.

Trust me, it works great.

~Jef

Pickles and Dimes said...

Welcome back! M did a great job in your absence.

Did you have a good trip?