Thursday, September 25, 2008

Going for a Spin

I am SO proud of Claire.

What am I so proud of, you ask?

Claire can read... but that's not it.

Claire can write... but that's not it.

Claire plays chess... but that's not it either.

No, no. Nothing as important as all that. I am here to brag about the fact that Claire went on a real grown-up roller coaster on Saturday.

I don't know what that says about my priorities, but oh well. We went to Six Flags for M's company picnic and Claire was tall enough to go on this one. Yay for being tall for her age! It didn't go upside down or anything, but it's no walk in the park either. I got to sit across from her and I'll admit I was nervous. She wanted to go and I believed she would enjoy it based on past experiences, but I couldn't shake the nagging fear that maybe we'd end up scarring her for life. As we hurtled through the drops, twists, and turns, the look on her face was priceless.

Basically: abject horror

Needless to say, my fear was growing. Then there was a lull in the ride and she was laughing and smiling. *sigh of relief*

Or should I say, sigh of relief quickly snuffed out by another set of drops and twists and turns. Which led to more terror stricken face from Claire. The worry mounted again.

Then the ride was over and Claire asked, "Does this roller coaster go around once or twice?"

"Just once," we cautiously replied.

"You mean, we don't get to go again?"

**BIG sigh of relief**

5 comments:

Leann said...

YAY! I always knew Claire was a daredevil. From the day she tried to jump in the pool when I first came to visit you there, when she wasn't quite 2.

Capturing Joy with Kristen Duke said...

how fun that she liked it so much....i don't think my kids would have gotten on

stampinashley said...

Love that! And also... where was the "hello" if you were already down this way...? Sheesh!

Sara said...

You've given some really smart and crazy fun-lovin' genes to your kids.

Heather and Brendan said...

Very impressive!Did you teach her to read? How did you do it?