Tuesday, November 4, 2008

If This Didn't Work, Nothing Will

Claire LOVES the movie Ratatouille. She kept begging to make ratatouille just like in the movie. I finally agreed. After all, maybe it would convince her to try some vegetables. But I had to hunt down a recipe like in the movie or there was no way Claire would go for it.

I ended up using this one.

I don't own a madoline, so there was much cutting. Claire better know I love her after this:


Then we tried to serve it like the movie. Here is the servings for M and I with goat cheese on top. We didn't add that on Claire's serving. Because she doesn't understand that goat cheese makes EVERYTHING better:


This was SO delicious. Too bad Claire didn't think so. She tasted one microscopic bite and announced, "I don't like ratatouille. It's gross."

But... but... it's from the movie!!! And you helped make it.

I'm out of tips for getting her to eat her veggies like an actual cultured human being. Time to start pureeing zucchini into her brownies or something I guess.

Oh well, I shall continue fantasizing about this dish no matter what Claire thought. I'll be eating it again just as soon as I can find a slave servant friend to bring their mandoline over and slice all the vegetables for me.

10 comments:

Pickles and Dimes said...

That is a work of ART! It looks delicious.

Melanie said...

Looks great, Gretchen! Just like the movie. They had some well known chef come up with a way to make it look gourmet. I think you did a fantastic job... almost makes me want to try!

Beth said...

Haha, I think I saw a recipe somewhere online where you put avacado in chocolate mousse.

Your blog makes me laugh.

Alison K. said...

That looks incredible!!! I have a mandoline....by the way.

stampinashley said...

I too have a mandoline, and I am the furthest thing from a cook/chef.... why don't you have one?

Capturing Joy with Kristen Duke said...

wow, that looks so beautiful...nice presentation! Stacy L. just made this for her family because her son requested it after the movie and hers was a type of soup. Ask her.

Sara said...

Nice presentation. Sounds like you might need to scour any remaining wedding gifts left at your parents house. Surely you registered for a Mandoline! Just kidding. Maybe if M likes that dish so well he'll buy you one?

Anonymous said...

GORGEOUS! i am so proud of you for doing all that, BY HAND none the less. too bad she didn't go for it right?

kristi lou said...

What dedicated momma! You're awesome G!

Leann said...

hahaha, I love that... more proof that Claire is your daughter!. I totally want to try the recipe now... thanks!