Friday, August 27, 2010

Laundry Baskets as Building Materials

On Tuesday we made a Costco run for just the essentials.  Milk and Mockingjay.

Now I'm trying desperately to get to read it.  But my children have the audacity to, like, need stuff.

There is an important benefit to not getting around to folding all that laundry in my bedroom.  I can stack all the baskets on the edge of my bed between me and the door.  If I lay on my bed behind the wall of laundry, the kids can't see me even if they come looking for me.  I can read in peace for a few minutes!

I have dubbed it my "Fortress of Laundritude."


Also, another benefit of the Fortress of Laundritude?  When I go to bed, it can be relocated as a barrier to my side of the bed in hopes that for once any child who wakes in the night and comes in our room will go to M's side of the bed and poke him awake instead of me.  Mwa-ha-ha!!!

3 comments:

Michelle Walkenhorst said...

Awesome!! Enjoy your book.

Meghann said...

excellent idea! Now I know what to do with all that laundry in the hall upstairs.

Meghann said...

I had to come back and tell you, I'm blaming you for my inability to get anything accomplished this weekend. I finished The Hunger Games earlier today and started the second one!