Sunday, September 19, 2010

Twin Cousins

Kate is only two and a half weeks younger than her cousin. I'm sure someday they will be the best of friends. But for now, they mostly like to steal each other's toys.

Well, in a whirlwind of sudden changes in plans, my sister and her little family left. Her husband went to camp for the Army for five months so they all went. And now, after having eight people living in our house for the past four and a half months, we have our house back to ourselves again.

On the one hand, it's a lot quieter...
Wait a minute! Who am I kidding? It's a lot LESS LOUD.
And now we can have underwear dance parties in the living room after the kids are in bed.

On the other hand, the live-in friends/babysitters are gone.
Now I have to wake up all three kids every time I take Claire to school.
And I have no adult conversation until M gets home.
And whose high chair tray will Kate steal food from now???

"Hey cuz! C'mere and let me sit on you."


1 comment:

Corinda said...

Oh, what darling matching outfits and even more darling girls. Good luck returning to reality--I think I usually go into a 2-3 day funk when family leaves.