Monday, October 24, 2011

Photography Challenge Day #1 - Self-Portrait

 

--------------------------------------------------------------------

I want to force myself to practice taking photos a little more, so I'll be posting for this Photography Challenge here on my blog to help myself be a little accountable!

I saw a 30 Day Photography Challege on Pinterest and even though the "official" challenge is over, I thought I would use the list as an excuse to practice a little.  Especially on something besides just my kids.  I don't promise the photos will be daily and I don't promise the photos will be great, but I do intend to plug along through the list in order and try to learn something along the way!

My rules for my self are:
1 - Take everything in manual mode   (I normally rely too heavily on Aperture Priority mode so I want to force myself to practice setting ISO, aperture, and shutter speed)
2 - No post-processing, only SOOC (I have a tendency to tell myself I can just fix things later in Photoshop - especially color)

3 comments:

Kristi said...

Look at you Pretty Eyes! If I had showered today I would join you in the challenge, maybe tomorrow? A day late and a dollar short, that's my motto!

Liz H. said...

good for you! can't wait to see your pics. and NO photoshop? very brave :)

anitamombanita said...

awesome! that's how my blog was born...decided I needed to do something to force myself to get out and shoot every day...it's been fun! and instructive. ;)