Tuesday, March 27, 2012

At the End of the Rainbow

Now that Claire's birthday THIS year has passed, I went to look for my post about LAST year and realized I never wrote about it.  So now I'm going to remedy that.

We were camping on Claire's birthday.  And that day may or may not also be a certain holiday that falls in mid-March.  I wanted to share a little game we did with the other kids who went camping with us last year.  As you may have noticed by now, I have a real love of Pass the Parcel type games.  For this one, I put glow sticks (to play with after dark at the campsite) in-between successive layers of wrapping paper.  In rainbow order:


And in the very middle, a pot of "gold" (AKA chocolate coins):
 

M and I played music and the kids passed the package around a circle until the music stopped.  The kid holding it when the music stopped got to open a layer and keep whatever prize was inside.  (In a fit of obsessive justice, M and I watched to make sure the music stopped on everyone at least once.)

The kids loved the "Pot of Gold at the End of a Rainbow" and we followed it up with cupcakes:


No comments: