Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Pumpkins 2012

Things have been SO busy lately.  I am totally exhausted. Beyond exhausted.
And yet despite it all, we still couldn't resist our traditional pumpkin carving endeavors.

This year we let the kids pick one design and then M and I picked another design.

The kids opted for Po from Kung Fu Panda:



We chose to do a the Mockingjay design from the Hunger Games:




But a little advice from me. After you print off your pumpkin design and cut it out, make sure you don't accidentally turn it sideways when you start taping it to your pumpkin:



As I started poking holes to transfer the design, I thought something looked a little odd, but I couldn't put my finger on it.  And then when it was already too late, I realized.  The bird is supposed to be flying with its wings up and head down, and not with its wings back and head up.  Luckily, once it's dark you can't see that we have the pumpkin turned on it's side!

No comments: