Thursday, November 1, 2012

Old Dishtowels are Scary!

When we got married, I registered for several sets of flour sack towels.  I LOVE them, especially for drying dishes.  But it turns out that after 10 years, towels wear out.  Especially when you bleach them along with all your other rags.  My towels had reached the point that I had to accept them as "dead."

But I looked at those ragged pieces of cloth and said to myself, "G, you should save those!  You can't fake that kind of wear and tear.":




What do you think?  I think they make great Halloween decorations!  I have them inside over 2 windows in the living room, in the big front window, and hanging in the sidelight by the front door.  I just bought a package of black plastic spider rings, cut the ring part off, and stapled them in a few spots on the old towels.

No comments: