Thursday, September 20, 2007

My Craigslist Handicap

Craigslist is great. I'm so excited to actually get to utilize it now that we have a house. Most recently I've been obsessively watching Craigslist looking for a bookshelf for our playroom. I know what I want, but I don't have much money I can let myself spend on it right now. That's the whole reason I'm looking on Craigslist, right? But even then, slim pickings. My "dream listing" would be in my immediate neighborhood and start something like this :

"FREE Brand New White Bookshelves"
"4 shelves, 36" x 42" solid wood"

But then, knowing my luck, it would end like this:

"No access to email, please call"

And that would probably be the end of it for me. I HATE calling people on the phone. It's not so bad if I already know you. In fact, occasionally I enjoy it. But engaging complete strangers in phone conversation? Torture. So even if I see shelves that look great (or anything else for that matter), if I can't email about them and I have to call, I'll wimp out. I'll rationalize that there's something wrong with them, or that they're not quite what I'm looking for. It's pitiful. I guess you could call it telephobia Craigosa. It has a nice "ring" to it. Ha ha! I'm so punny! I better just stop writing now...

1 comment:

Kristi said...

Hey I am the exact same way! I have to e-mail, or else it doesn't work out, especially with craigslist. It's a good thing I was born in this day and age or else I would have been a hermit I am pretty sure!