Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Woo-Woo Cay-Kay

We had a very small combined birthday party for the kids on Saturday. They requested a fire engine birthday cake. Or if you speak Scottlish, a "woo-woo cay-kay." "Woo-woo" is the siren noise that is his word for ALL emergency vehicles. Anything that has the word cake in it (cake, cupcake, pancake, etc) is a "cay-kay."

(Scott, if you're reading this: You know, at this age your sister was giving lengthy soliloquies with perfect diction. Perhaps you might consider stepping things up a notch in the verbal department? I really would like to know what you're crying talking about most of the time. Thanks! Love, Mom)


In one day I believe we all ingested more red dye than is safe to consume in a whole year. I kept wiping Scott up fairly well and then he kept climbing back up to the table and digging in again when I turned my back. He got it on his scalp and I couldn't get it off. He went to church looking like he leads a double life as a pink haired punk rocker. If I die suddenly, tell them it's probably Red #40 poisoning...

3 comments:

Alison K. said...

Love the cake!!! I do have a tip to save you from red #40 poisoning. You can use kool-aid to color icing. It also gives it a nice fruity flavor. (BTW you can use kool aid to color homemade play dough too.)

Alison K. said...

I mean kool aid in the dry form, before you add water and sugar, just to clarify my previous comment.

Sheyenne said...

Wow, that is one cute cake. And I was going to make some witty comment here about "soliloquies", but then I actually had to look back at your post to see how to spell it, and I realized I don't even know exactly what that is, so I probably shouldn't try to be witty about it. Hmmph. I'm going to read the dictionary now.