Friday, October 24, 2008

You Know You're a Geek When...

...you own one of Peter Parker's physics textbooks from Spiderman 2.

Remember the part where Peter has given up being Spiderman and he's really applying himself to his studies in physics? The first time I watched that film, I immediately recognized one of the textbooks on the table in front of him as one I own from my college days, Fundamentals of Photonics. When a movie tries to portray a character as a total geek immersed in their studies and of all the textbooks out there, they choose one you have sitting on your bookshelf? Yah, every time I see it I feel a little less cool...
Maybe a little smarter, but definitely less cool.

4 comments:

Kristi said...

That is way cool Gretchen. Seriously. Not nerdy, just cool. We have the shower curtain that the little girl has on enchanted. Does that make us cool too?

Janssen said...

I think that's AWESOME.

But maybe I'm a geek too.

Bart said...

Way to be observant! That's a good fact for 2 Truths and a Lie.

Leann said...

LOL... and to add to that... its totally one of my favorite subjects!