Monday, June 1, 2009

Excuse Me While I Go Annihilate Some Music

I have a confession to make. Sometimes, I'm not as good of a geek as I should be. The dumb broad side of me is known to surface now and then. One example of this is my misuse of media conversion terminology.

I know the right words. You "rip" a track off your CD. Then you "burn" it onto a CD. No matter how much I know this when I stop and think about it, the wrong term keeps popping out of my mouth when casually discussing the management of my audio files with M. He ALWAYS points this out, and then I roll my eyes and say, "Whatever."

I think it's easy to trip up. I mean, what's with all the highly destructive terminology for working with your files? Rip, burn, flash, explode, torrent, tar, strip, hack, crack... am I missing any here?

I don't know, but excuse me. I need to go masticate a CD.

2 comments:

Leann said...

hahaha! Thanks that made me giggle.

Michelle Kynaston said...

haha, i laught out loud on that one. =)

I didn't know you had a blog, i'll add you to my links!

Cherilyn