Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Kate

Kate arrived on Tuesday, June 30, 2009 at 10:30am. She weighed 7 lbs 15.9 oz, which I have been rounding to an even 8 lbs in conversation, because really, who measures to the tenth of an ounce? That makes her my heaviest baby so far, despite being born a week and a half earlier. (Claire was 7 lbs 12 oz and Scott was 7 lbs 13 oz.) On the other hand, I can still claim that all my kids were under 8 lbs! Kate was 20.5 inches long, which is about the same as the other two kids were.

So yes, despite my shameful lack in posting about it (it's almost like I've been busy or something...), Kate was in fact born. Rather promptly in fact. My induction officially started when they broke my water at 7:14 am. I promise the detailed version of the story later for those who want it. For now, just let it be known that she is here, things went smoothly, and we are holed up in the A/C recovering nicely.

And since she is a newborn and will look like a totally different person in a month or so anyway, I shall allow some photos in these early weeks:

Here she is a couple hours old.


Here she is ready to go home from the hospital.


9 comments:

Michelle Walkenhorst said...

Woo hoo! You made it. What a cutie!
BTW: You look great in your hospital gown shots on FB.

stampinashley said...

Yay! And holy crap that was fast! I thought my less than 4 hours was impressive, but you've still got me beat.

I can't wait for the detailed version, I need to know if they bothered with the stupid ripening crap this time? !!

becca said...

Congrats! She looks beautiful!

Liz H. said...

yay! now that it's on the blog, her birth is *totally* official :)

The Special Reds said...

Congratulations, Gretchen and Marshall! I've been gone a week and just read the news. She's adorable!

Corinda said...

She is beautiful! Congratulations!!!

Melanie said...

Yeah! Congrats! She's a doll!

Pickles and Dimes said...

Congratulations! She is beautiful!

Capturing Joy with Kristen Duke said...

Yay for A/C! Congrats, all under 8 pounds sounds good.