Monday, April 5, 2010

Maybe I Should Just Wear Long Sleeves For Awhile

You might think I'm crazy for letting this happen, but you need to know that Scott is probably what you would call an "oral" kid.  He puts everything in his mouth. I'm ashamed to admit that I've gotten kind of used to him putting his mouth on me.  A couple Sundays ago, Scott was sitting on my lap in church.  He was slumped over and cuddled up against the inside edge of my upper arm.  I felt that his mouth was probably open, but I didn't think much of it because, like I said, he puts EVERYTHING in his mouth.  I'm a mom.  Drool just doesn't phase me anymore.  But it just felt to me like he had his mouth open and that was it.  However, eventually getting drooled on did get old, so I tried to make him move.  There was this sucking sound as I broke the suction between his mouth and my arm.  I look down and realize he has not just been drooling on my arm, but very gently sucking on my arm.  I was left with a hickey!  FROM! MY! SON!  Granted it was very small and probably nothing someone would notice, but STILL!!!

5 comments:

Pickles and Dimes said...

HAHAHAHHA. At least it wasn't your neck! :)

Michelle Walkenhorst said...

LOL!!!

Melanie said...

Hilarious!

Bart said...

That's funny stuff, right there.

Corinda said...

That is hilarious. I love the random things that accompany motherhood.