Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Highlights of Grandma and Grandpa's House

If I were to summarize what the kids did the entire time we were at M's parent's house, this would be it:

 

Lots and lots of banging on the piano by Claire and Scott.  Some of it even sounded like music!



Lots and lots of Kate pointing.  Mostly at the dog.  (In this case she combined it with her other favorite hobby of wearing shoes.  Anyone's shoes.)

We were there for a whole week and even on the last day, Kate was still pointing emphatically at the dog.  It was as if she was saying, "Guys! Guys! LOOK!!! It's a DOG!!!"  And our reply grew less and less enthusiastic as the week wore on, "Yes, Kate. We see.  It's a dog."  And she would silently use her finger to reply, "Clearly, you must not see. If you did, you would be as fascinated as I am. That stuffed animal is MOVING!!!"


1 comment:

Lauren said...

I LOVE your verbalizing for Kate. I see my 1yo making the same kinds of grunting noises and adamant pointing and that is EXACTLY what I imagine she's trying to say!