Monday, August 27, 2007

Blissful Suburbia

I'm in such a great mood! (It's amazing what a little vacation can do.) I feel like I've had a great start to the week. I love that clean slate feeling of Monday. M is uber busy at work, so while he'll spend the next couple weeks working a lot, I'm viewing it as an "opportunity." I'm going to finally start waking up when I ought to be. While M gets ready to get into work earlier, I'll work out. I'll get tons done - I just know it!

So far so good. This morning was perfection. Well, I suppose there's room for improvement, but it was pretty good. I didn't get up quite as early as I wanted to, but I did go for a run. I can't even remember the last time I ran not on a treadmill. I headed out on the hike and bike trail in my neighborhood. I've lived here for a whole month and this was the first time I went on it, crazy eh? It's beautiful. I jogged along and for a change, I actually ENJOYED my run. Is that legal?!?!? As a rule, I hate jogging. It always seems like such a contrived way to exercise. But it was okay today. Today I got to watch the sunrise as I crunched along the path. Today is the first day of school in our area so I got to watch moms and dads walk with their little kids bedecked in disproportionately large backpacks and overly-white tennis shoes. Somehow, it all worked together. I enjoyed the sun, instead of cursing it, as I usually do when it reaches its zenith, as the source of all my sweaty misery. My smile broadened with each picturesque family walking to school. And then I had the kids ready for their day BEFORE 10am!!! We leisurely loaded into our minivan and took a quick jaunt over to the store to buy milk. How sickeningly suburbia is all that!?!?!? I couldn't help but feel like my life is darn near perfect.

Soon I'll bore you all to death with all the details of our anniversary trip...

No comments: